revision 341104 quite unusable

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 07:32:46 UTC 2018

On 2018-Nov-28, at 14:50, Dennis Clarke <dclarke st blastwave.org> wrote:

> . . .
> Not a problem. As Paul Mather was very cool to point out this old ppc64
> PowerMac G5 is a tier 2 type platform with tier whenever type real world
> expectations.  I think a Power9 server is really needed but one step at
> a time here.

powerpc families are all tier 2, including Power9.

> . . .
> OKay well, as I was saying at lung exhaustive length, I have yet to see
> anything build and boot other than the RC2 dvd.  At least in a natural
> way.

And you started from a context that was observed to be a problem
before you even had started (as far as I can tell). If you want
things to be more likely to work directly, you would back up to
source vintages from before the problem was observed initially for
hardware contexts similar to yours.

You could always tackle the later issues later.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went