Xserve G5 (RackMac3,1) Installation Issues on powerpc64

Evan Sabin memereferencehere at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:27:35 UTC 2018

Quick update:

I restarted the machine by force and easily installed 12.0-CURRENT without a hitch! Now portsnap refuses to extract packages despite numerous force restarts, but who needs it anyway, right? Additional issue: Fans will whir into top RPM (about 14,500) until reading sysctl outputs of temp/fan, then it instantly decreases to about 2,000 RPM and will do the same thing all over again. I can’t download pkg, I can’t really do… much… with so little working at the moment. I’ll report back eventually.