Xorg on a MacMini

Harley Laue losinggeneration at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 06:40:10 UTC 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 13:51:08 you wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 20:32 +0100, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> > On 15.01.10 19:28, Harley Laue wrote:
> > Btw, see also here:
> >
> > http://wiki.freebsd.org/powerpc
>
> Oh, The link on http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ppc.html to the wiki
> needs to be updated, it's still pointing to
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/powerpc

This is just a follow up now that I'm in front of the machine and can see
what's happening rather then just knowing it was (at least partially) working
from a remote location. I would have added this to the wiki, but the powerpc
page is "Immutable."

Anyways. The xorg.conf.new that X -configure generates only partially works.
It brings up X, but the display isn't exactly correct. Like it's using the
wrong endian for the display (basically it looks like sets of pixels are
bunched together.) I remember running into this issue some time ago on Linux
with Xorg, so I knew the fix. Option "MacModel" "mini-internal" was required
to be added to the xorg.conf for the driver to behave correctly. Like I said,
I was going to make a note of that on the wiki for others who may run into
that caveat but I can't edit the page. I'm sure that info is elsewhere, but
I'd still argue that it'd be useful to mention on the wiki, or perhaps even in
the known  issues.