Xorg on a MacMini

Harley Laue losinggeneration at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:51:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 20:32 +0100, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> On 15.01.10 19:28, Harley Laue wrote:
> > Anyone get Xorg working on a MacMini? I'm hitting a few issues and
> > Google isn't turning up anything that actually works. I think this might
> > be related to the issue from the xorg log:
> > (WW) xf86EnableIO 6
> > (II) xf86EnableIO: ffffffff
> > (WW) Can't map IO space!
> > (--) PCI: (0 at 0:16:0) ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200] rev 1, Mem
> > @ 0x98000000/134217728, 0x90000000/65536, I/O @ 0x00000400/256, BIOS @
> > 0x????????/65536
> > (rest of the log(s) below)
>
> You probably need this in your /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> hw.ofwfb.relax_mmap=1
So that's what "For ATI Radeon-based machines, a ofw syscons range
check needs to be relaxed using the sysctl hw.ofwfb.relax_mmap." on the
main page meant. My bad for not realizing that. Thanks for setting me
straight. :)
> Btw, see also here:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/powerpc
Oh, The link on http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ppc.html to the wiki
needs to be updated, it's still pointing to
http://wiki.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/powerpc

Thanks for the tips.