Screamer and Tumbler and Snapper Audio drivers in -STABLE

Nathan Whitehorn whitehorn at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 9 07:28:24 PST 2009

Horst Günther Burkhardt III wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 08:04 -0600, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>
>> Horst Günther Burkhardt III wrote:
>>
>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> 	Just wondering if Marco Trillo's code for Tumbler and Snapper audio
>>> (and all the other Crystal Audio) has been merged into -STABLE yet - I'm
>>> thinking of finally jumping over to STABLE and want to know if I'll have
>>> to hand-patch the kernel again...
>>>
>>> 	Thanks.
>>> 	-- Horst.
>>>
>> Still only in -CURRENT. I'm about to start prepping some other changes
>> (ATA DMA) for MFC, but due to the various I2C infrastructure changes
>> required, it may be a little while before that driver ends up in -STABLE.
>> -Nathan
>>

> Ah yes, I noted the commits. I decided to merge bits from current into
> my own kernel tree after all.
>
> Also, I'm of the understanding you fixed an issue where syscons wasn't
> redrawn after exiting X on powerpc? May I ask where that code is? (I
> frequently drop out of X)

ofw_syscons.c. It doesn't always work, but it at least works on some
Radeon cards. I believe having it work everywhere will require a
device-specific framebuffer driver.
> Is ATA DMA suitable for everyday use yet? (not production use) I'd love
> to run that in this kernel too.

I haven't had enough feedback to determine, which is why the MFC has
been held up. There were a couple of bug reports which were somewhat
vague, but I haven't really heard much. I know it works for me, at least.
-Nathan