If it's broke, where's fixit?

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Sat Nov 8 03:17:34 PST 2008

Hi freebsd-ppc'ers.

I just made a few configurative screwups. Ones which are stopping the
system from booting.

(lol, i stuffed up an fstab entry)

Once the boot process attempts to drop into single-user mode, it outputs
the following error every thirty seconds before being arrested by a
Ctrl-Alt-Delete forcing the machine down :

bsdbox init: can't get /dev/console for controlling terminal: Operation
not permitted

... Is there a fixit image for ppc? If not, why not? If yes, where?
Also if not, what can be recommended to get me a working fbsd live
system for just long enough to fix the REAL one?

Thanks in advance,
-- Horst.