New tarball available

peterg at ptree32.com.au peterg at ptree32.com.au
Mon Oct 27 19:25:55 PST 2003

>>  I think the only drivers compiled in are the fxp and gem.
>> I'm assuming this isn't the on-board ethernet ?
>
>Nope.  It's the built-in Gigabit ethernet on my PowerMac
G4/400.  It's
>registered under OS X 10.3 as en0 if that helps at all.

 OK, I'm pretty sure this is a GEM, but with a different
PCI ID than what's in the kernel. I noticed that NetBSD's
if_gm.c recognizes the GEM3, which is what you might have.

 If you're keen, you could binary-patch the kernel
to recognize the variant. Simply locate the GEM2 device
ID, 0x0024106b and change it to 0x0032106b.

later,

Peter.