New tarball available

peterg at ptree32.com.au peterg at ptree32.com.au
Mon Oct 27 19:13:12 PST 2003

>>  Actually, that's by (poor?) design - I limit the width
>> to 800x600 max. Looks good on a 1024x768 display (eMac),
>> but might be a bit small on 1280x1024.
>
>i think 800x600 is a good place to start, since it is the
minimum
>resolution that g3+ machines have (early ibooks). maybe a
syscons
>flag/kernel option?

 I'll support the minimum that the screen specifies: my
B&W G3 boots up at 640x480 on a 14" monitor. It's just
the max that is capped currently.

>i agree. it looks far better to have small text on a large
screen
>(especially lcds) than to have the text stretched
(interpolated on
>lcds).

 One option would be to use a 16-bit wide EGA font instead
of the 8x16 one currently used - that might help the large
screens.

>i think 800x600 works. is it possible to have it centered
in the
>screen? (excuse me if it in fact already is

 Yep, should be centered.

later,

Peter.