New tarball available

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Fri Oct 24 20:33:09 PDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:20:02PM +1000, peterg at ptree32.com.au wrote:

>  The other uncommitted loader patch is to the iso9660
> module so it can recognise HFS+ hybrid CDROMs. I haven't
> committed that since I want to re-organise the code so
> that loader can recognise hybrid and 'pure' ISOs e.g. to
> support older OFW versions :-)

I believe... but am not 100% sure that the older OF versions (at least
what I'm using, 2.01f) can handle a pure ISO FS just fine.  It just
doesn't recognize the ISO versioning stuff by default.

Especially since you've gotten the virtual console stuff working
(something NetBSD sorely lacks), I'm very interested in getting FreeBSD
working on this machine :^)

Does syscons have the ability to use off the shelf VGA cards?  An
accelerated console would be very keen indeed (something else NetBSD
lacks).

Of course I've also run out of ideas at this point..

- alex