Making a port to use OpenSSL of ports collection on FreeBSD 11.x

Chris portmaster at bsdforge.com
Thu May 6 04:01:58 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-05 20:49, Dima Panov wrote:
> Moin!
>
> Chris, your suggestion leads to dll hell due to mix-links between ssl
> libraries :(
> At least, your setup easily face up situation where one lib will be built
> with
> “port openss” and consumers still get a “base openssl”. DEFAULT_VERSION here
> is
> set to avoid a such situation — the whole ports collection should be linked
> with
> ONE ssl/crypto library.
I agree. After posting my proposed solution. I was finally able to find
_which_ of
the ports I did it in. Fortunately, it was an isolated case. Which got me to
thinking
that _this_ case here had far reaching ramifications. I would have withdrawn
my
suggestion. But you beat me to it. ;-)

Thanks for the reply (and correction), Dima!

--Chris