Ports recompile for 13.0-RELEASE

Yasuhiro Kimura yasu at utahime.org
Tue May 4 15:17:29 UTC 2021

From: "@lbutlr" <kremels at kreme.com>
Subject: Ports recompile for 13.0-RELEASE
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 08:10:38 -0600

> With the move to FreeBSD 13.0 is there a simple (single step) way to
> reinstall all the current ports other than saving off a list of the
> ports and then stepping through that list to reinstall them?

It depends on how there are installed. If they are installed by using
official pakcages or building personal packages with poudriere, then
`pkg upgrade` is worth trying. But you should save list of installed
packages just in case. otherwise (i.e. you used portmaster or simple
`cd /usr/port/category/portname; make insall`) `portmaster -af` may
work fine if you are lucky. But in this case I think saving list of
installed packages, removing all of them and then reinstalling them is
probably the easiest and shortest way as a result.

> And finally, the release of 13.0 ends the 12.x versions, right?
> There will not be a 12.3.

According to 'Supported FreeBSD releases'
(https://www.freebsd.org/security/#sup), expected EoL of 12.2-RELEASE
is '12.3-RELEASE + 3 months', and that of stable/12 is June 30, 2024.
So at least 12.3-RELEASE will be released. And probably 12.4-RELEASE
will be too.

---
Yasuhiro Kimura