Pkg repository is broken...

Ronald Klop ronald-lists at klop.ws
Sat Mar 7 09:10:52 UTC 2020

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 01:38:55 +0100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Friday,  6 March 2020 at 12:29:44 +0100, Lars Engels wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 03:16:14PM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>>>
>>> Any workarounds in the meantime?  This must affect a lot of people,
>>> including those who use 12-:
>>>
>>>   pkg: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:12.0:amd64 instead of
>>> FreeBSD:12:amd64
>>>   pkg: repository FreeBSD contains packages with wrong ABI:
>>> FreeBSD:12.0:amd64
>>
>> Still broken for me on 12.1.
>
> Strange.  Mine cleared up automatically the following day.
>
> It's also strange how few replies I have received.  Two private
> messages (why?), yours, and that was it.  You'd think that people
> would be screaming.
>
> Greg

I'm not screaming because I'm settling with the situation and starting to
make workarounds.
And wondering where the official communication of the community is.
Nothing about this situation on www.freebsd.org. All information about the
situation seems scattered through the mailinglists.

Things are working for me on 13-CURRENT again, but still broken on
12.1-RELEASE. See attachment.

Ronald.