Aria2 and magnets

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Mar 5 13:54:46 UTC 2020

> On 05 Mar 2020, at 06:08, RW via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 17:19:06 -0700
> @lbutlr wrote:
>
>> Brand new install of aria2 and I tried to grab the FreBSD 12.1 amd64
>> image via a magnet link:
>> After about 30 minutes the only thing I get is updates showing 0
>> Bytes downloaded.
>>
>> Downloading a torrent file, in this case Ubuntu server, works fine:
>
> Perhaps DHT is blocked in your firewall.

Nope, though I guess it could be on that specific machine, but I don’t think so.

> It's also worth rechecking the
> magnet link in case the Ubuntu download bootstrapped DHT.

I’ve tried the magnet (and other magnets) several times. The first time I tried a magnet link there was an error, but that is sort of documented for araia2 and subsequent attempts do not generate an error about DHT, but they do not download.