pkg / poudriere issue - wrong packagesite / meta

Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com
Mon Mar 2 18:56:35 UTC 2020

On 02/03/2020 17:49, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
> I just finished building ports for FreeBSD 12.1. I have already
> upgraded base to 12.1 and now I am trying to update packages, but pkg
> fails with this cryptic error:
>
> # pkg update
> Updating desktop_nvidia repository catalogue...
> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
> pkg: Repository desktop_nvidia load error: meta cannot be loaded No
> error: 0
> Fetching meta.txz: 100%    236 B   0.2kB/s    00:01
> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
> repository desktop_nvidia has no meta file, using default settings
> Fetching packagesite.txz: 100%  463 KiB 474.1kB/s    00:01
> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
> pkg: Repository desktop_nvidia load error: meta cannot be loaded No
> error: 0
> Unable to open created repository desktop_nvidia
> Unable to update repository desktop_nvidia
> Error updating repositories!

This is now solved, at least for my issue. I copied the pkg locally and
installed it while the pkg.conf was still pointing to the old repo (with
old meta). After installing I switched to the new repo and thankfully
the newer version of pkg was able to read the new meta format and it
updated the database correctly.