What are my options regarding deprecated PyPy port?

figosdev figosdev at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 25 04:11:21 UTC 2020

Thank you both. Per Kevin's advice I have contacted freebsd-python@ and wait to hear what they say about this.

I am not above getting the PyPy devs on this if necessary. I find it hard to believe that an implementation they say will be around hard-depends on an implementation that will not.

The port itself could be another story. PyPy implements Python 2, so they should be able at this point to use PyPy to build PyPy if they don't already.

If I could run the ELF version on FreeBSD I'd take that over nothing, but I've meant to try FreeBSD again for years (possibly migrating to it) and I've only read the FAQ and part of the handbook so far. Still learning.