[HEADS UP] Planned deprecation of portsnap

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Wed Aug 12 06:04:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:11:06 -0400 Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com said

> Michael Gmelin writes:
>
> >  There are many users who never create any patches, but simply use
> >  the ports tree to install software.
>
> 	Add my name to that list.
> 	(Used to use cvsup ... now subversion ... soon git ... where will
> the insanity end?   :-) )
LOL it *won't*. In about 6mos from now, something shinny will appear
on the horizon....
It's a bit like a dog chasing it's tail; it never ends. ;-)

But I don't mind. So long as the svn server can be kept in sync.

> 			Respectfully,
>

> 				Robert Huff

--Chris