ln -s python3 python2 && ln -s python37 python27?

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Sat Aug 8 03:04:04 UTC 2020

I'm currently performing a big buildup for a large deployment.
I built world && kernel in the build jail, and performed the
install into another jail for the port/package buildup that
will in turn be used for the deployment STABLE-12 at 363918 &&
PORTS at 544342, respectively.
Problem _appears_ to be with Python as maintained in the ports
tree. make.conf(5) defines only:
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=python=3.7 python3=3.7
performing a make config-recursive in xorg-server/ until dialogs
no longer appear. Followed by a make package-recursive install clean
goes as anticipated, building python-3.7 && py-37 additions, llvm,
But towards the end I'm greeted by a large python2.7 session with
all the expected warnings about EOL and installing to the same
place.
Can I simply avoid all this BS by deleting python2.7 and family,
and simply link all references to python3.7. This is quite maddening.
There must be a way out. No?

Thank you in advance for any, and all clues to salvation! :-)

--Chris