Can't compile www/node on rpi2

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Tue Mar 26 15:30:43 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:22:08PM +0100, Bradley T. Hughes wrote:

> On 2019-03-26 03:14, bob prohaska wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:23:26PM +0100, Bradley T. Hughes wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Looks like you need to upgrade www/libnghttp2 as well. :)
>
> > Thanks for reading, I'd be pleased to try any experiments suggested.
>
> In general, www/node requires that all dependencies are up-to-date. The
> port doesn't explicitly list minimum versions of its dependencies, but I
> am beginning to think that it should (this is not the first time I have
> seen this kind of problem).

Is there a test, a make target perhaps, that will help? I probably should
have recognized nghttp2 as a name implying a dependency, but didn't.

> Good luck, let me know if you still have problems after making sure
> everything is up-to-date. :)

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to reconcile dependencies
among ports that require mismatched versions of supporting programs
and libraries. At the very least it would seem to require an automatic,
consistent naming scheme to avoid conflicts and breakage. At small
scale it seems feasible, but the ports tree is no longer small.

Thanks for reading, and your help!

bob prohaska