Firefox problem printing big fonts [SOLVED]

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Mon Mar 18 20:50:42 UTC 2019

## Andrea Venturoli (ml at netfence.it):

> > Uh, define "illegible crap". Wrong glyphs? Bad rendering (blocky pixels,
> > blurry?)?
> More "something blocky, vaguely, *really* vaguely, resembling the
> indended text": something you can read only if you already know what
> it says.

That sounds familar, but...

> Deleting all X.org 75-dpi and 100-dpi fonts solved this.

I drop this into fonts/conf.d/, and it helps:
  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
  <fontconfig>
   <selectfont>
    <rejectfont>
     <pattern>
     </pattern>
    </rejectfont>
   </selectfont>
  </fontconfig>

I have no idea where I got that from (looks like a late-night fix, git log
is not that helpful here), and it really looks somewhat overly broad, but
I can avoid breaking dependencies with that. Should find a real fix...

Gruss,
Christoph

--
Spare Space.