[HEADS UP] Clang 8.0.0 upgrade on 13.0-CURRENT

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Mar 5 04:16:50 UTC 2019

Jan Beich writes:

>  Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> writes:
>
>  > If this manages to truly replace previous versions a lot of people
>  > will want to know.
>
>  What does "truly replace" mean?

	I was recently told the reason we need devel/llvm70 is the llvm
in base has - for reasons above my pay grade, but probably not above
yours - certain components disabled which are required by various
ports.
	If 8.0 (in base) has those components enabled, then the odds are
good I can remove devel/llvm[67]0 - recovering almost 700 mb of disk
space and simplifying debugging efforts.
	Major win for me; probably for others.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff