portscount is down

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Wed Jun 26 09:36:47 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-26 15:49:01 (+0800), Kubilay Kocak wrote:
> On 26/06/2019 4:22 pm, Koichiro Iwao wrote:
>> portscout.FreeBSD.org seems to be down (Error 503 Backend fetch failed)
>> for the last few days. Is anyone aware of this already?
>
> Was not aware, though I recall using it at some point in the past two days however, so the issue may not be constant.
>
> We (bugmeister) have however seen intermittent but ongoing similar symptoms for Bugzilla, which we reported to cluster admin (CC'd here), which may or may not be related.
>
> If it continues and we don't hear back, we should create a bug to track the issue.
>
> ./koobs

clusteradm are aware of the issue and investigating.

While I generally encourage the idea of filing bugs to track things, the admbugs currently contains too many things that are either overtaken by events or shouldn't be there, that an extra bug would be less than useful.

I've made a note for the next clusteradm monthly call to suggest triaging the existing bugs to get admbugs back to a point where it can be useful for us.

As far as portscout and the public Bugzilla are concerned though: it's been looked into as I type this.

Philip [hat: clusteradm auto-reply bot]

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer