need help with python

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Jul 5 04:02:10 UTC 2019

AN writes:

>  I do not use python directly, only as dependencies.  It seems python36 is
>  default now.  What is the correct procedure to set ports to use python36
>  so I can safely delete python27?

	Depending on the ports you need, it may not be possible to
completely move from 2.7 to 3.6.  I tried to do this within the last
few months and was blocked by (among other things) one port which
_absolutely insisted_ on python 2.7.  (Don't remember which one off
the top of my head.)
	(It would be really useful if someone (not me!) wrote a script
that identified any ports which run on non-default versions which can
be safely upgraded.)

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff