Need help with net-im/openfire

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 28 12:00:20 UTC 2019

Hi porters,

can anybody pick up net-im/openfire? I've been maintaining the port for
years, but I can't keep up with it anymore.

I am not using the port myself so I can't anticipate issues, plus the
build system has changed from Ant to Maven, which I fear means
additional time put into updating the port. I simply don't have the
resources.

If you are using the port, please consider maintaining it (send me an
email and I'll assign you if you're not a committer). I will not update
it and release maintainership soon. I have a few contacts of people
using OpenFire, so I can still be a point of contact and commit patches
and updates, given someone cooks them up for me.

Thanks for your help!

--
Pietro Cerutti