How to debug this...

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 26 11:20:06 UTC 2018

Hi, Folks,

Here's something that's had me head-scratching for a while.  I've what
should be a pretty routine update to sysutils/rsyslog8 in the works,
except that my test builds in poudriere all bomb out with:

=======================<phase: check-sanity   >============================
make: don't know how to make check-sanity. Stop

make: stopped in /usr/ports/sysutils/rsyslog8
=>> Cleaning up wrkdir
===>  Cleaning for rsyslog-8.35.0
build of sysutils/rsyslog8 | rsyslog-8.35.0 ended at Fri May 25 08:51:36
BST 2018
build time: 00:00:01
!!! build failure encountered !!!

It looks like a fairly obvious problem -- or it should be.  Except that
I can't reproduce this in a way that I can debug it effectively.  Just
building the updated port ... works fine.  Using poudriere -i to go into
the poudriere build environment and building the port there ... works
fine.  Anything else I've tried -- no improvement, enlightenment still
proving elusive.

It's definitely specific to this version of rsyslog -- 8.34.0 builds
just fine, and I've not seen anything similar for any of the multitude
of other ports I've built.

Any ideas?

	Cheers,

	Matthew