Why portmaster uses g++ not g++6 nor clang++?

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Fri May 18 18:30:54 UTC 2018

Am 18.05.18 um 17:13 schrieb Koichiro Iwao:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building devel/qt5-make by portmaster. Somehow portmaster incorrectly
> detects gcc6 and uses g++ despite it is actually installed as g++6. If I > build it without portmaster, clang++ is used and build finishes successfully.

Sorry, this was my fault and I hope it is fixed with the follow-up commit
to portmaster version 3.19-10.

I had received a proposed patch to significantly speed-up portmaster by
caching of a few parameters in environment variables. My commit was meant
to work around a side effect of the proposed patch (sourcing of a script
imported several unused subroutines into portmaster and I wanted to just
use the result of execution of the one relevant subroutine, but missed the
fact that the quoting came out wrong ...).

(If you are interested: The environment variable _CXXINTERNAL_acaad9ca
should contain the literal character sequence "-lc++" including the
double quotes, when I use eval as in the defective version, I either get
no quotes around -lc++ or I get extra double-quotes around the whole
variable, if I eval the script output piped through sed s:":\\:" ...)

Since I did not manage to get the correct result without sourcing the
script, I gave in and accept the fact, that these subroutines are now
imported into portmaster.

Anyway, I hope my latest commit has fixed the problem ...

Regards, STefan