Practice of "Sponsored by" in commit messages

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at freebsd.org
Thu May 17 23:36:33 UTC 2018

Well, if your  employer feels  slighted it's for him to bring it up with
you (see my previous rant on the amount and scope of the credit and who
parties involved). And then for you to bring it up with me if you feel
brave enough. :) I don't see how and why FreeBSD project can help in this
highly hypothetical scenario by putting some rules around. Do we have any
real-world examples of this happening, bring me at least one out of
probably tents of thousands of times people used "Sponsored by" in their
commit messages. Just a single one, please! )

-Max