Building interactive ports with poudriere

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Tue Jan 30 18:33:50 UTC 2018

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building interactive ports with poudriere
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:57:06 +0800

From: mokhi <mokhi64 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:01:52 +0330

From: Mathieu Arnold <mat at FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 17:39:49 +0100

> Poudriere builds ports without any terminal attached.  It, then, absolutely
> cannot build an interactive port.
>
> Interactive ports are a plague, and must be avoided at all costs.  There are
> currently three ports, none of those are interactive by default.

Thank you for response. I understood I should have explaind more
concretely. So I will trying to do it.

I would like to build security/bruteforceblocker with poudriere. This
port have one options. But it has nothing to do with my question. The
source of problem is license information. There is no license
information about this software either in source archive or on web
site. So LICENSE is set to "NONE" in Makefile. And when LICENSE is set
to it LICENSE_PERMS doesn't include 'auto-accept'. So if you build it
on real environment dialog for confirmation is popped up. But if you
set 'BATCH=yes' then build fails as following.

yasu at maybe[2366]% pwd
/usr/ports/security/bruteforceblocker
yasu at maybe[2367]% make BATCH=yes
===>  bruteforceblocker-1.2.4 License NONE needs confirmation, but BATCH is
defined.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr0/freebsd/ports/ports/security/bruteforceblocker
yasu at maybe[2368]%

Since it is matter of license there is no way to work it around. I
submitted request for adding license information. But there is no
response until now.

https://github.com/dgerzo/bruteforceblocker/issues/2

(There is a question if it is OK to add software without license
information to ports tree. But I don't discuss it now.)

And according to Mathieu's reply there is no way to build this port
with poudriere. So I give it up and build it on real environment.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA