Use of undeclared identifier 'fpgetmask'

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Tue Jan 30 18:14:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:14:26AM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 08:48:48AM -0800, bob prohaska wrote:
> > > What happens if you force inclusion by deleting #ifdef HAVE_IEEEFP_H?
> > >
> > After commenting out the test, running make clean and restarting a single-
> > threaded make the process stops with the same error:
> >
> > src/main.cpp:679:15: error: use of undeclared identifier 'fpgetmask'
> >     fpsetmask(fpgetmask() & ~(FP_X_DZ | FP_X_INV));
> >

> > I've placed a copy of the make log file at
> > http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi2/inkscape/ieeefp_h_included.log
> >

> rpi2 is an ARM based board, right?  Compare
> /usr/src/sys/amd64/include/ieeefp.h
> /usr/src/sys/arm/include/ieeefp.h
> It seems that FreeBSD' ARM architecture doesn't implement
> the functions associate with ieeefp.h.  You probably need
> to force HAVE_IEEEF_H to 0.

It looks as if there's no option to set HAVE_IEEEFP_H to zero,
at least not in a straightforward way. Poking around in
/usr/ports/graphics/inkscape/work/inkscape-0.92.2 one finds
a README which describes two manual build procedures, but
those seem to automate the setting of HAVE_IEEEFP_H

The relevant lines appear to be:

for ac_header in ieeefp.h
do :
  ac_fn_cxx_check_header_mongrel "$LINENO" "ieeefp.h" "ac_cv_header_ieeefp_h" "$ac_includes_default"
if test "x$ac_cv_header_ieeefp_h" = xyes; then :
  cat >>confdefs.h <<_ACEOF
#define HAVE_IEEEFP_H 1
_ACEOF

fi

done

Replacing the one with a zero didn't work....
  AR       util/libutil.a
  CXX      inkscape-version.o
  AR       libinkversion.a
  CXX      main.o
main.cpp:679:15: error: use of undeclared identifier 'fpgetmask'
    fpsetmask(fpgetmask() & ~(FP_X_DZ | FP_X_INV));

This looks much like the error obtained when configure was unmolested,
so it's not clear that my efforts were well-aimed.

I'm stuck well over my head at this point.

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska