Building interactive ports with poudriere

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 30 16:39:52 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 04:04:56AM +0900, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Poudriere sets 'BATCH=yes' when it builds ports. But there are some
> ports that can't be built with batch mode. Then are there any way to
> build such interactive ports with poudriere or do I have to build
> other tools (or real environment)?

Poudriere builds ports without any terminal attached.  It, then, absolutely
cannot build an interactive port.

Interactive ports are a plague, and must be avoided at all costs.  There are
currently three ports, none of those are interactive by default.

--
Mathieu Arnold