daily security run output and joomla3

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 28 18:12:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 12:04:56PM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 02:56:51AM +0900, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
> > From: Carmel NY <carmel_ny at outlook.com>
> > Subject: Re: daily security run output and joomla3
> > Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 17:38:10 +0000

> > > Unfortunately, that has no affect.
> >
> > Accoding to the messages of security periodic sript, the problrem is
> > not checksum mismatch but lost of package files. And "pkg check -r"
> > cannot recover it. So you should reinstall www/joomla3.
> >
> But as the OP notes, the joomla3 instructions *REQUIRE*
> removal of the install directory for security reasons, so
> I understand where he is coming from.
>
> As the maintainer, I'm not sure how to fix it.

I'm sorry but I have not idea as well on how to fix.
As a matter of fact, I do think web apps (most of them at least) have no reasons
to be packaged at all. That said, it does not solve the problem :)

To be more constructive, that would require to track softly some files as
belonging to the package, which I don't like much... have a directory which act
like @sample might be doable but still I do consider that as a hack.

Any better idea welcomed

Best regards,
Bapt