glib-compile-schemas

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sat Jan 20 09:14:46 UTC 2018

Hi!

> I am building a gnome based port.
>
> The port builds and installs successfully but it doesn't work.
>
> Looking around I need to run glib-compile-schemas like this:
>
> glib-compile-schemas /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
>
> After running that command the port works as expected, is there a standard
> way to handle this in the port's Makefile?

Then there's Keywords/glib-schemas.ucl which points to
GLIB_SCHEMAS.

According to Mk/Uses/gnome.mk:

GLIB_SCHEMAS

Set the following to list of all gsettings schema files
(*.gschema.xml) that your ports installs. The
schema files will be automatically added to
the ${PLIST}. For example, if your port has
"share/glib-2.0/schemas/(foo.gschema.xml and bar.gschema.xml)",
add the following to your Makefile:
"GLIB_SCHEMAS=foo.gschema.xml bar.gschema.xml".

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         2 years to go !