sendmail from ports + blacklistd - no further luck?

freebsd-ports at bengrimm.net freebsd-ports at bengrimm.net
Tue Jan 16 18:21:27 UTC 2018

Can someone confirm (or disprove) that the current version of Sendmail
from ports (8.15.2_5), explicitly compiled with the blacklistd flag, has
stopped feeding offending IPs (e.g. those failing do_auth) to blacklistd
since Jan 3?

I ran blacklistd -d to check, but the poll() revealed nothing while
do_auth failures were coming in.

The poll() did pick up sshd and ftpd activity, but all quiet on the
Sendmail front, since Jan 3.

I ran strings on the binary, and the expected output was there:

libblacklist.so.0
blacklist_r
blacklist_open

So it appears to be something working not quite right, or maybe a
combination of compile options. Before I file a bug report, I just want
to check for confirmation or lack thereof.

Using compile options:

OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SHMEM
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SEM
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=LA
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=NIS
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IPV6
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=TLS
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SASL
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SASLAUTHD
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=LDAP
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=BDB
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=GDBM
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SOCKETMAP
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=CYRUSLOOKUP
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=BLACKLISTD
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SMTPUTF8
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=PICKY_HELO_CHECK
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MILTER
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=DOCS

Relevant part of blacklistd.conf:

[local]
smtp            stream  *       *               *       3       30d
smtps           stream  *       *               *       3       30d
submission      stream  *       *               *       3       30d

Output of `blacklistctl dump -nb` shows nothing after 2018/01/03 (on
seven different installations).

Poudriere build info available at https://pastebin.com/wBCdXunK