'pkg upgrade -f spamassassin' stops but doesn't restart spamd

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Jan 7 21:00:59 UTC 2018

Eugene Grosbein wrote on 2018/01/07 21:47:
> 08.01.2018 3:36, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
>>> There IS consensus on modifying config files while upgrade and it is written in our Porter's Handbook:
>>> only unmodified files may be changes with upgrade. Any other behaviour is a bug that should be fixed.
>>
>> If it is that simple then tell me how it is possible that for many years there are repetitive discussions
>> and many ports with many commits violating this "rule"?
>
> Because:
>
> 1) People are lazy and make errors creating ports violating Porter's handbook instructions;
> 2) People are lazy and do not create formal Problem Reports even when they are annoyed
> hoping that SomeOne (TM) would do that for them.
>
> Where are your PRs?

PRs are false alibi. Some of my PRs are open for more than 10 years.
PRs doesn't solve anything even if they have patches. That's why I tried
to discuss it publicly. For all erroneous port there must be will on
maintainer and committer side. And if "they" think this is not a bug,
than why should I spent my time filling another PR which will be left
open indefinitely. I will let someone else to fight windmills.
Unluckily it is simpler (for me) to maintain private changes to ports
tree in local VCS.

Miroslav Lachman