Ports with binary bootstrap packages and CURRENT+ino64

Dmytro Bilokha dmytro at posteo.net
Thu Jan 4 17:16:12 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 03:31:46PM +0100, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
>On 03.01.2018 01:06, Anthony Jenkins wrote:
>> I'm having trouble building ports with a new Poudriere rig on a
>> 12.0-CURRENT (git commit 423586ee).  The ports that fail are ones that
>> require a binary bootstrap package (e.g. lang/rust and java/openjdk8).
>> The executables in these bootstrap packages fail with a segfault as do
>> all executables build with a non-ino64 FreeBSD box.
>
>Like Jan, I'm surprised that it crashes. AFAIK, Rust builds fine in the
>official package building cluster, which is also running FreeBSD 12-CURRENT.
>
>I don't know what to suggest at this point, so I'll wait that you
>provide the information requested by Jan.
>
>--
>Jean-Sébastien Pédron

Hi, guys!

I have the same trouble with building java/openjdk8 with Poudriere:

configure: Found potential Boot JDK using configure arguments
configure: Potential Boot JDK found at /usr/local/bootstrap-openjdk8 is incorrect JDK version (Error occurred during initialization of VM); ignoring
configure: (Your Boot JDK must be version 7 or 8)
configure: error: The path given by --with-boot-jdk does not contain a valid Boot JDK
configure exiting with result code 1
===>  Script "../../configure" failed unexpectedly.

My version is 11.1-RELEASE-p4, so it is possible that the issue is not specific for the 12.0-CURRENT.
I have an idea, that openjdk8 build process fails in a Poudriere jail, because of not mounted fdescfs and procfs. I've tried to mount these fs in the Poudriere jail, but failed.

--
Dmytro Bilokha
dmytro at posteo.net
+38-050-607-41-43