FreeBSD Palemoon branding violation

Le Baron d’Merde lbdm at privacychain.ch
Fri Feb 9 01:18:50 UTC 2018

That also depends on the jurisdiction. Sweden, seems to be the case.

Un-registered trademarks has almost no protection in my country (not sweden) for
instance. It is possible to win a legal dispute for a un-registered trademark in some situations in here, if one can proof an
early actual commercial use of that trademark BUT that involve a very long legal
battle.

Based on US practice (IIRC) ™ for un-registred trademarks and ® for registred. I guess
the un-registred trademark must carry the ™ thing to be enforced, but I am not sure.

Just 2c.

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 11:52:16AM +1100, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> LuKreme wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 2018, at 20:06, Michelle Sullivan <michelle at sorbs.net> wrote:
> > > Just saying telling people not to call the product the same as the trademark if there are any changes to the product is the way to protect the trademark.
> > But is there a trademark? It seems not from an earlier post.
> >
> Don't know - Trademarks don't always have to be registered to be a
> Trademark... a Registered Trademark can carry the symbol and has had all the
> due diligence done so its more 'protectable' but the lack of the
> registration doesn't make it 'not a trademark' just that it's not as
> defensible for violations.
>
> Michelle
>
> --
> Michelle Sullivan