Package depending on any one of multiple FLAVORS

Dan Mahoney (Gushi) freebsd at gushi.org
Tue Feb 6 10:47:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> This is down to a deficiency in pkg(8) -- it can't handle having a
> number of alternate packages or ranges of different package versions to
> fulfil a dependency.  The dependencies "baked into" each package are on
> exactly the dependency package and version used at compilation time.

This feels a lot like what I was just asking about, as well.  Are there
plans for this dependency to be addressed in the future?  My brief combing
of the wiki didn't find any kind of a roadmap or anything like that.

-Dan

--

"Check it out, it's just like Christmas.  Except it sucks."

-Jason Seguerra, 3/2/05