[HEADUP] FLAVORS landing.

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 27 12:35:36 UTC 2017

Am 26.09.17 um 16:05 schrieb Mathieu Arnold:
> Hi,
>
> **Do not commit FLAVORS to any ports, a hook will prevent it, that being
> said, do try it and test what can be done.**
>
> To test this feature in poudriere, you need
> poudriere-devel-3.1.99.20170621 or later.
>
> This has been a long awaiting feature, most of the work has been done by
> bapt, bdrewery and antoine, I am just the one actually doing the
> announce and commit and all.
>
> All this information, and more to come are in the first link to our wiki
> in the bottom block. A roadmap is in the second link.
>
> To define a different flavors in a port, before any include, set:
>
> FLAVORS=  flavor1 flavor2 [...]
>
> The first flavor in the list will be the default.

One question regarding the naming of packages:

The default flavour should probably(?) lead to a package with the same
name as created without flavours.

But any non-default flavour needs a distinct package name.

In the case of the Python ports, this will be the version prefix (py27-
vs. py36-).

But what is planned for the general case?

Will it be left to the port maintainer to add prefixes / postfixes to
package names that reflect the flavours by means of the options that
are enabled by some particular flavour?

Or will the flavour be automatically added to the package name, if
there would be name collisions, otherwise?

Regards, STefan