libimobiledevice, ssl and "Failed to connect to lockdownd service on the device"

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 20 11:40:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to mount my iPhone (SE) with fuse to copy all photos and videos
to my FreeBSD machine. Installed sysutils/fusefs-ifuse and started usbmuxd
(when the phone is unlocked, as instructed). All daemons run as expected
etc., but running "ifuse -o allow_other /mnt/iphone" results in an error:
"Failed to connect to lockdownd service on the device".

After some searching it seems that libimobiledevice should be build with
OpenSSL instead of GnuTLS. But in the ports this is not a buildoption.

So is it possible to build libimobiledevice with OpenSSL? Or does anyone
know if there is something else going on?

Thanks,
Marco

--
The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.