Tcl/Tk 8.4 deprecation

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 5 12:03:36 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'll be shorty deprecating Tcl/Tk 8.4 in our ports tree. The latest
release of this series was 8.4.20 (June 2013).
Tcl/Tk series 8.5 and 8.6 are fully supported, and 8.7 is coming
soon-ish.

Thus, I will soon mark the following ports as DEPRECATED, with expiry
date sometimes this fall. If you care for any of them, please try to
upgrade them to a newer version (if any) or make them work with Tcl 8.6,
which is the current default version. If you need any support in the
process, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

lang/fpc-tcl
lang/itcl
lang/smalltalk
lang/tcl84