Some github projects aren't fetchable using commit hash

Kyle Evans kevans91 at ksu.edu
Sat Sep 2 02:01:20 UTC 2017

On Sep 1, 2017 20:03, "Shane Ambler" <FreeBSD at shaneware.biz> wrote:

Respond to github support that an abbreviated hash with multiple matches
will fail. Under that condition, it may be desirable to respond with the
newest of the matches rather than a not found error.

To be honest, the failing seems like a little better behavior than suddenly
swapping out the package I thought I was downloading with a newer version.
It'd at least be a little more obvious and theoretically detectable if they
respond properly.