portmaster, portupgrade, etc

Alexander Leidinger Alexander at leidinger.net
Thu Oct 5 08:30:10 UTC 2017

Quoting Adam Weinberger <adamw at adamw.org> (from Wed, 4 Oct 2017
19:14:22 -0600):

> Portmaster is still very much a part of the current landscape, and
> if somebody steps in to fix it (which I have every expectation will
> happen eventually), it will continue being a usable alternative.

It would help to have a list of broken items in portmaster.
I'm aware of the broken package support (can't create packages / can't
use existing packages).

Flavour/subpackages support? It would be nice to have a description
how it is supposed to work (how to identify the flavour in the package
name / port, how to detect subpackages in the package name / port, how
to create a subpackage from a port, how to create a specific flavour
from the port).

What else?

Bye,
Alexander.