Dependencies satisfied, build stops anyway.

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Thu Nov 23 05:12:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 08:32:53PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Stale ports SHOULD not be an issue. Normally old ports are updated
> automatically. It is important that your ports tree is consistent and,
> usually that it is current. Assuming yours is, the only issue is the
> oddball case like this one. You won't hit them often. Usually it is when a
> file that is tested for is missing. Usually a library. pkgdb says that the
> port is installed, but the make looks for the actual library and triggers
> an install, as opposed to a reinstall, when it is not found. Unled this
> systm has been massively mangled, it is a very unusual development, at
> least in my experience.
> --

Aye, there's the rub 8-)

Some time ago I accidentally destroyed most of /usr and ended up
reconstructing it from a recent snapshot. Since buildworld and
buildkernel seemed to work in /usr/src, I thought /usr/ports would
be likewise recovered after a fresh checkout.

For now I've set
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes
in /etc/src.conf and that seems to allow make to proceed without
interruptions for dns/bind910, but I gather that's not a long-term
fix.

Thanks very much!

bob prohaska