Can a port directory name have capital letters when the project name has them: audio/abGate-lv2 ?

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 13 08:56:10 UTC 2017

Le 10/11/2017 à 23:05, Yuri a écrit :
> There are two competing directory name suggestions for the project
> with the name abGate:
>
> audio/abGate-lv2
>
> audio/abgate-lv2
>

> Should I choose the former one or the latter one?

The directory name should match PKGBASE. (with the various python or lua
or stuff versions stripped off, for example py27-foo -> py-foo.)

PORTNAME should match what upstreams calls the software.

The only exception where PORTNAME should be downcase if it installs a
single binary that is lowercase, say upstream is called LsOF, and it
only installs lsof.

--
Mathieu Arnold