usage of "poudriere bulk -c ...."

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Sat May 27 15:13:54 UTC 2017

> On 27 May, 2017, at 8:28, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
>

> Hello
>
> I have built ports with:
>
>    # poudriere bulk -f poudriere-list -J 8 -j freebsd-r314251 -p ports-20170519
>
> and I now want to remove the packages and logs of this jail+port, but not of
> other ports tree built with the same jail freebsd-r314251;
>
> the man page of poudriere says about the flag -c that it will "Clean _all_
> previously built packages and logs." which is perhaps not what I want to
> do, or is the man page not precise enough? What is the correct way to
> remove freebsd-r314251-ports-20170519 pkg and logs?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	matthias

-c won't do what you want because it just removes the packages prior to rebuilding them again, though if you kill poudriere right after it deletes the old packages you're okay. In that case, you can try using -C instead, which removes just the packages specified. So "-C -f poudriere-list" will remove all the packages in poudriere-list, but not any of their dependencies. Just remember to CTRL-c it before it rebuilds them!

If you have the packages you want to keep in other lists, you can use them with pkgclean:

poudriere pkgclean -f list-of-ports-to-keep -f other-list-of-ports-to-keep

In the future, to minimize polluting your package space, consider doing test builds within a new jail, or use sets (with -z) to keep them separate. See poudriere(8) for some pointers on using sets.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org