Recoll version bump in ports

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 23 15:15:11 UTC 2017

On 2017/05/23 15:58, Jim Ohlstein wrote:

> On 05/23/2017 10:54 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> On 2017/05/23 15:38, Michael L. Wilson wrote:
>>> Now, I do happen to know what filters/rclpdf is and what it does. But in
>>> this case I am not sure what make is asking for or how to proceed to
>>> step. I could potentially accomplish this with some walk through.
>>
>> filters/rclpdf is a run- or build- depends of deskutils/recoll that the
>> ports wants to install during the build process.  It seem you don't have
>> a full ports tree where you're testing your updated port.
>>
>> One way around this is to run 'make missing' or 'make missing-packages'
>> from the deskutils/recoll port directory, and install any of the
>> packages listed there.
>>

> I thought that at first, but I don't have any port by that name.

True.  I had that awful moment of realization that there isn't a ports
category called 'filters' pretty much just as soon as I pressed 'send'.

This will be a file the port expects to find under ${WRKDIR} in order to
apply a SHEBANG fix to it.  Looks like that file no-longer exists in the
sources of the latest version of recoll, so you can just edit the
SHEBANG_FILES setting in the ports Makefile to work around the problem.
If that file is now auto-generated, you'll need to check that it doesn't
need the same sort of fix once it has been generated.  Otherwise, if the
file has simply been removed from the port entirely you'll need to
adjust the pkg-plist.

This doesn't look like an entirely simple update: might not be such a
good 'my first port' candidate...

	Cheers,

	Matthew