www/epiphany wants graphics/gdk-pixbuf that's not available in ports

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Fri May 19 00:11:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 08:09:06PM +0200, Koop Mast wrote:

> Epiphany depends on graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 not the really older gdk-
> pixbuf.

That's the key point I had missed, thanks for clarifying!

> I think your trying to build ports from the HEAD ports tree, but have
> quartery packages installed. Gdk-pixbuf2 was updated to 2.36 in April,
> so that version is not available as a package in the 2017Q2 quartery
> branch.

The ports tree has been maintained with svn. This is an ARM system
(RPI2) so packages are of no (or very little) direct use.

The dependencies are still causing trouble, so I've decided to give
portmaster a try. Last time I tried portmaster it wasn't much help,
but that was a long time ago. At this stage there's little to lose.

Many thanks for your reply!

bob prohaska