www/epiphany wants graphics/gdk-pixbuf that's not available in ports

Koop Mast kwm at rainbow-runner.nl
Thu May 18 18:09:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 20:16 -0700, bob prohaska wrote:

Hi,

> For some reason the port of www/epiphany is asking for a  version
> of graphics/gdk-pixbuf (2.36.5) later than the most recent version
> available via svn ( 2.32.3).

Epiphany depends on graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 not the really older gdk-
pixbuf.

> Perhaps more curiously, when looking in graphics/gdk-pixbuf the
> directory
> listing reports the presence of gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0 which seems most
> confusing. That's the source directory which gave rise to 2.32.3
> found
> by www/epiphany.

I think your trying to build ports from the HEAD ports tree, but have
quartery packages installed. Gdk-pixbuf2 was updated to 2.36 in April,
so that version is not available as a package in the 2017Q2 quartery
branch.

-Koop