opendmarc - Massive dependancy list going from 1.3.1 to 1.3.1_4?

Mon Mar 13 12:37:03 UTC 2017

Aloha,

> I have two 10.3 systems - I installed opendmarc on the first, a while
> ago - 'make all-depends-list' shows a small list of dependencies:
>
> /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
> /usr/ports/mail/libspf2
>

> On the other machine after portsnap fetch/extract it looks like I'm
> going to get '1.3.1_4' - but a 'make all-depends-list' on that is huge:
>
> [port-list]
>
> Yet a 'make config' on both systems shows there's only a single
> selectable option for the port - "Enable SPF Checking".
>
> I only ran the 'make all-depends-list' on the second machine when
> installing the opendmarc port literally started going off an pulling in
> all this stuff (it never did before).
>
> Is there a way to find out why the dependancy list has ballooned so
> much? - Does it really suddenly need all that stuff installing?

Yes: by checking the changelog. I had a fast look at it and found the
following entry from February:

=== start ===
(1) Add USES perl5 and add RUN_DEPENDS for perl modules needed by the
     various perl scripts installed by this port

A list of changes can be found here:
http://www.freshports.org/mail/opendmarc

Greetings,
Torsten