Questions about order of adding application to freebsd ports.

Borodin Oleg onborodin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:12:28 UTC 2017

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:28:59 +0200
Kurt Jaeger <lists at opsec.eu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I ask for little advice.
> > I wrote web manager X.509 certificates http://minica.unix7.org/ and created a freebsd port for it.
> >
> > 1. Who could check quality and security of this code?
>
> The committer would check the port quality etc.

Next dummy question from novice, excuse me =)

How to become a new committer for a new port?

> Security would be the task of 'the many eyes of open source'. I think
> there's no other, realistic way to get a code review.
>
> > 2. If quality the code is sufficient to be included in freebsd ports, then:
> > For the port it is necessary patches for two perl-ports ("good patches, yes" =),
> > what is the order of my actions?
>
> Submit patches via bugs.freebsd.org for the two ports, and
> the maintainers will decide if they include them.

If they do not answer for a long-long time?
Or the committer will have a bad mood?

So already it was some times.
The minica application depends on patches for Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA & Crypt::OpenSSL::CA.

--
With best regards,

Oleg Borodin
+7-952-058-72-64