FreeBSD Port: xapian-bindings-1.2.24

Oliver Schonrock oliver at schonrocks.com
Mon Jul 10 12:57:04 UTC 2017

On 10/07/17 13:19, Oliver Schonrock wrote:
> Am I interpreting that correctly, or can it already build against php7?
> If not, what is needed before that can work?

Looks like there is something there driving the correct config for the
bindings package depending on the installed PHP_VER

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/php-xapian/Makefile?revision=439300&view=markup

> 42 	.if ${PHP_VER} >= 70
> 43 	CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-php7 --without-php
> 44 	.else
> 45 	CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-php --without-php7
> 46 	.endif

Yet on my test virtual machine with php71 installed via pkg

> # pkg info php71
> php71-7.1.6_1
> Name           : php71
> Version        : 7.1.6_1

a binary install of php-xapian using pkg demands php56:

> # pkg install php-xapian
> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> FreeBSD repository is up to date.
> All repositories are up to date.
> The following 2 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):
>
> New packages to be INSTALLED:
> 	php-xapian: 1.4.4
> 	php56: 5.6.31

Is that because the repo binary packages assume php56 and there are no
php71 configured binary packages available, ie would need to "make" from
source? Or this some other dep mgmt config issue?

Many thanks

--
Oliver Schönrock
Mobile   : +44 7880 617 446